10 Nov What is available across south east Essex to help you stay well this autumn
We have published the Autumn edition of our Living Well newsletter which highlights the services that are available across south east Essex to help support people to stay well.
A new campaign has been launched to support Essex residents to get moving and get healthy in order to help prevent more serious illness from a second wave of coronavirus.
The Better Health Greater Essex campaign offers a wealth of ideas and resources to inspire people to kick start and maintain a healthier lifestyle. It builds on the national Better Health campaign by providing local and targeted help to those most at risk from coronavirus and other health conditions in Essex.
Better Health Greater Essex offers:
• Simple activities to do outside
• Over 200 Keep Essex Active workout and gentle exercise videos to follow • Ideas on how to get active from the comfort of your own home
• Tips on taking care of your wellbeing
• Weight management support with ACE (Essex) and Everyone Health (Southend).
COVID-19 has been a wake-up call for us all. People who are at greater risk of being admitted to hospital if they contract COVID-19 include:
• Those who are inactive and overweight
• Older people
• Black, Asian or from an ethnic minority
• Those who live in more disadvantaged areas
• Those who are clinically extremely vulnerable or with long term health conditions.
This is available on our websites: