30 Nov BAME Listening Event December
Thursday 10th December 2020, 16:00 – 17:30 GMT
Following the success of Southend’s first BAME Listening Event in October, SAVS and Southend Healthwatch would like to invite you to a virtual event to continue to listen to the stories and experiences of the BAME community in Southend.
During the session, we will hear from more local BAME groups about their community, the work they have been doing during Covid and challenges they have faced. We will also be looking at arts and culture projects happening across Southend, as well as other opportunities for partnership working.
Aims of the session:
- To showcase and celebrate the wonderful BAME communities in Southend
- To discuss challenges and solutions during Covid and beyond
- To provide an opportunity for partnership working and community support
- Welcome and introductions
- Community showcase – hearing from local community groups
- How can we support MH and wellbeing in the BAME community
- How can arts and culture reflect Southend’s diverse communities and its contributions – current and planned projects across Southend
- Partnerships and Opportunities
We hope this event will provide a platform for open and honest discussion, leading to partnerships and actions that can improve the support available in Southend.
Visit the Eventbrite Page for more information and to book your free place.