29 Jul Development and Communications Manager – ABSS
Department: Quality Improvement
Salary Details: £42,099 – £45,900 per annum
Advertising End Date: 06 Sep 2020
Are you ready for your next challenge? Do you want to help secure a long-lasting, sustainable legacy for A Better Start Southend (ABSS) post National Lottery funding? Can you also offer high-level oversight for our marketing and communications work which will also help achieve this aim and secure real and lasting change for children, families and communities in Southend?
We are seeking a Development and Communications Manager for our A Better Start Southend (ABSS) Programme and you might be the person we need! In 2014, the Early Years Alliance, in partnership with Southend Borough Council, was awarded £40m by the Big Lottery Fund’s Fulfilling Lives: A Better Start initiative, to innovate and develop interventions to improve the life chances of over 13,000 babies and young children across Southend Borough Council over a 10-year period.
The outcomes of the programme will only be delivered through the transformational change in systems across services for very young children and their families and by building community resilience. Effecting this change requires the active collaboration of all the strategic partners in Southend (Southend Borough Council – including Education, Early Years, Children’s Services, and Public Health; Southend CCG; Southend University Hospital Foundation Trust; Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust; Essex Police; Public Health England; Southend Association of Voluntary Services) and through the active engagement of, and co-production with, local people, the workforce and systems leaders.
As Development and Communications Manager you will work with the Director of ABSS and Partners to secure a long-lasting, sustainable legacy for ABSS, post National Lottery funding and oversee ABSS marketing and communications functions. You will promote the A Better Start Southend vision, values and approach across Southend and beyond and ensure that this is reflected in everything that is done within the service area.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme – an introduction payment of up to £100
- Work with the Director of ABSS and stakeholders to develop and implement the ABSS legacy strategy to ensure the work of ABSS has long-lasting impact beyond the period of National Lottery Funding.
- Work with the Director of ABSS to identify funding and new business opportunities, developing funding applications, bids or tenders, to secure continuation and/or expansion/roll-out of ABSS areas of work.
- Build positive relationships with existing and new Partners and stakeholders and act as an advocate and ambassador for ABSS, representing ABSS at a range of local and national stakeholder and engagement meetings.
- Manage the ABSS Marketing and Communications Officer and work with them to review and develop the ABSS Marketing and Communications Strategy and other relevant plans and policies as required.
- Manage Development and Communications budgets.
- Experience of supporting organisational change or new business development activities and projects successfully, working with a range of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of successfully developing and securing large-scale funding applications, bids or tenders.
- Experience of leading communications and marketing functions, including developing communications and marketing strategy and operational plans to deliver specific goals.
- Practical and detailed understanding of the way that the public, private and voluntary sectors interlink when delivering services.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. It would be desirable for the post holder to hold an MBA or other professional qualification in Fundraising, Business Development or Leading Innovation and Change.
For more information about this role, please visit the Early Years Alliance website here.
Interview date: Wednesday 16th September 2020