22 Apr Emergency Housing Project Worker – HARP
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a growing Southend-on-Sea based charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff and volunteers work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to over 1,000 lives every year.
As a charitable registered provider of short-term social housing operating in Southend-on-Sea, we believe everyone should have a home of their own. At times individuals may require support from HARP and other agencies to maintain a tenancy and avoid a return to homelessness.
We currently manage 226 bed spaces in our emergency and short-term accommodation, employ over 90 full and part time staff, and are supported by numerous volunteers.
Are you a motivated and passionate individual looking to make a real difference in your local community? Do you have experience of working with people with complex needs, homelessness and housing and want to put this to good use helping others less fortunate? If so, we would love you to join our team as a Housing Project Worker.
HOUSING PROJECT WORKER – Ref: VHPW1
Salary grade point 11 to point 16 (£21,748 – £24,012)
37 hours per week (on a rota basis covering days, evenings and weekends)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to enhance the work in our emergency housing accommodation.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure residents of the emergency housing receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience that gives them the time and space to adjust to a home environment and settled way of life.
- Manage a caseload, key working residents and undertaking risk assessments and support plans.
- Work closely with the Co-ordinator/Team Manager on a daily basis to provide an integrated service to tackle rough sleeping in Southend.
- Enable residents to retain their accommodation, prevent evictions and assist residents that are ready to move on.
- Deliver a package of support individually tailored for each resident.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- Ability to cope with challenging situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively
- Good customer service skills.
Closing Date: 13 May 2021 (Midday)
Short listing Day: 14 May 2021
Interview Day: 20 May 2021
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, to develop your career and contribution to our clients and of course the opportunity to work with dedicated colleagues that strive to transform lives.
Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution.
If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional ‘Know How’ required and an application form can be found at our website via the button below.
If you would like to discuss this role please contact Lauren Collin, Team Manager on 01702 430696.
To apply for this position, please download an application from our website www.harpsouthend.org.uk clicking on the “Get Involved” tab and the “Careers” or contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000 for an application pack.
HARP is an active member of the “Homes for Cathy” group of housing associations, which is committed to providing services to tackle homelessness.
Charity No: 1098126
Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer