25 Aug Essential Living Fund Scheme (ELF)
The current Essential Living Fund Scheme (ELF) can supply provisions of recycled goods/furniture, white goods and general living expenses for food and fuel.
The current remit is limited to the following:
· Help People Establish In The Community Following A Stay In An Institution, Care Home, Local Authority Care, Hostel, Prison or Similar
· Help People Remain In The Community Rather Than Enter An Institution Or Care Home In Which They Will Receive Care
· Ease Exceptional Pressures On People Or Their Families
· Help People With Certain Travel Costs
· Help People Who Are Unable To Meet Their Immediate Short Term Needs Either In An Emergency In Relation To Some Expenses Or As A Consequence Of A Disaster
We are now able to help with extra exceptional pressures that people and families may now find themselves in due the impact of Covid 19.
· This could include a person securing a second award
· Benefits delays
· 4 week food parcels
· People re settling after COVID
· Those with no fixed abode but are registered within the borough of Southend.
· Replace worn or broken items if pressure of COVID have not allowed budgeting
· Limited support for individuals with no recourse to public funds if there are exceptional care needs
How to claim
Where possible we are requesting claims to be made online, we have limited staff working in the Civic and our online applications are being processed by a dedicated team. They will contact the applicant or designated contact when the application has been finalised.
The phones line are extremely busy and we are requesting that these are kept cleared for the most vulnerable and those that do not have internet access.
Call back service and general emails Essential Living Fund
We are providing a call back service on Wednesday and Friday to complete applications for those that do not have access to the internet to make their own claims.
Please email us the contact details. The ELF email address can also be used for any general enquires.