23 Mar Fundraising Branch Collector – The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI)
Location: Southend-on-Sea, Essex
Hours: Entirely flexible
Team: Fundraising Marketing & Media
Responsible to: Community Manager
Closing Date: 31-05-2021
We are currently looking for a Branch Collector to join the Southend-on-Sea branch.
The RNLI has a network of local fundraising teams organising a wide range of activities and events which last year raised £14 million to save lives at sea. Each team is supported by a Community Manager, although the range and frequency of fundraising events is determined by the team members themselves.
The impact you will make
You will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by organising and carrying out vital fundraising activity in your local community.
What you will be doing
- Carrying out charitable collections at designated locations including supermarkets and high streets
- Adhering to collection rules to collecting in public places
- Being an ambassador for the RNLI whilst collecting
Find out more about becoming a fundraising and events volunteer
What you need for this role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle money confidently
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea without prejudice. We aspire to be an organisation where our people are valued no matter who they are. We aim to be truly inclusive, benefit from diversity and appreciate everyone for their individual contribution.