19 Jan Grants of up to £5,000 Available for Local Food Projects (UK)
Grants of up to £5,000 are available to local sustainable food partnerships, local authorities, community or campaign groups in the UK to support communities in promoting and advocating for food that is better for both people and the environment.
The funding is being made available through Sustain’s Food for the Planet campaign grants. Sustain is an alliance of organisations and communities working together for a better system of food, farming and fishing, and cultivating the movement for change.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their own ideas for local action, with a focus on areas that have a significant impact locally, such as:
- Improving your council’s score in the Every Mouthful Counts reportand/or developing a food strategy
- Supporting groups and communities that are marginalised to campaign for food climate justice and tackling racial injustice in the food system
- Encouraging climate-friendly food in public institutions and council settings
- Supporting sustainable farming systems through planning policy
- Tackling unfair and unhelpful pricing and advertising of the most climate-damaging foods
The closing date for applications is the 10th February 2023.