13 Oct Heath House Housing Support Worker – HARP
Housing Support Worker – Full Time 37 per week
Salary Grade: Point 3 to Point 6 (£18,561 – £19,698 pro rata)
Contract type: Fixed Term to March 31st 2021
Work pattern: 37hrs on a rota covering days, evenings and weekends.
Job ref: HHSW1 It is essential to quote this reference
PLEASE NOTE THAT HARP DOES NOT ACCEPT CVs.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THE VACANCY ADVERTISED BELOW, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE JOB APPLICATION FORM.
HARP (Homeless Action Resource Project) is an exciting and innovative organisation for the homeless that provides accommodation, advice and support tailored to the specific needs of homeless people in the Southend-on-Sea area to enable them to live independently within the community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to enhance the work in Heath House our emergency hostel.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure residents of the emergency hostel receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience that gives them the time and space to adjust to a home environment and settled way of life.
- Build warm and positive relationships with service users, keeping the individuals best interests at heart.
- Enable residents to retain their accommodation, prevent evictions and assist residents that are ready to move on.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of Service Users.
- Support Service user with meal preparation and household chores
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of or experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively.
- Good customer service skills.
We are happy to consider applicants without experience in this field that can demonstrate empathy and an enthusiasm for the role.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution. If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional knowledge required and an application form can be found at our website via the button below.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact Lauren Colin on 01702 430696.
Please refer to the Person Specification to complete the Supporting Statement.
For an application pack, please download and save the documents on the website, www.harpsouthend.org.uk, clicking on “Work with HARP” and then “Careers” or contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000. Please submit your application and our team will contact you for interview if your application meets our requirements.
Closing date: 29th October 2020 (midday)
Shortlisting: 2nd November 2020
Interview date: 12th November 2020