13 Jul Housing Officer – CAST
Period: Initially for 6months with a view to extend
Salary: £19,000 – £20,000 annually
Deadline: 4PM, 24th August 2021, Interviews scheduled first week of September.
As a Housing Officer, you will be responsible for providing a complete housing service through the acquisition of new properties, re – letting the existing portfolio and developing effective solutions to manage the properties and clients.
- Liaising with members of staff from other departments
- Responsible for the existing properly portfolio, the acquisition of new properties and all pre let inspections are completed and paperwork electronically updated
- Responsible for identifying and raising repairs, setting timescales for completion and liaising with the landlord in relation to any repairs
- Completing sign ups with service users, ensuring all documentation in relation to the tenancy is completed, understood and uploaded electronically
- Liaising with landlords and maintenance contractors in relation to housing related issues such as repairs and handover dates
- Developing existing partnerships and identifying new potential opportunities alongside the Housing Manager
- Responsible for the monitoring of service payments and rent
- Completing property inspections on existing portfolio and pre – termination inspections when required
- Record, monitor and investigate all cases of ASB with progress achieved
- Experience of working within a social housing or lettings team, with a track record of working under pressure
- Experience of working with vulnerable or difficult customers and the knowledge and awareness of safeguarding and professional boundaries
- Knowledge of Housing Management and / or lettings
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, customer focused environment with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines then this role could be perfect for you! You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to negotiate. Due to the nature of this role, an Enhanced DBS and driving licence is essential.
This is a full time role based in Southend on Sea. To request an application pack email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702436659