22 Jul Independent Health Complaints Advocate – Healthwatch Southend
Service: Healthwatch Southend
Salary: Grade 2 Point 12-18
Hours: 26 hours per week
Responsible to: Strategic Manager – Healthwatch Southend
Summary of job:
You will play an essential role in supporting patients or relatives in navigating the NHS complaints procedure. This is a statutory service, funded by Southend Borough Council. You will provide advice about processes, help articulate the concerns of the complainant, assist with drafting and reviewing correspondence, and accompany complainant(s) to meeting with NHS bodies. Your work is independent of Healthwatch Southend, but will work closely with its team to identify trends in complaints.
- Do you want to help improve NHS services?
- Do you want to help patients and carers resolve complaints about NHS care?
- Do you have the skills to help them navigate the NHS Complaints Procedure
If the answer is YES, I have the role for you!
I am looking for an experienced advocate to support people in Southend-on-Sea who wish to make a complaint about the NHS services they or a family member have received. You will offer support and advice about the process, help clarify the outcomes the complainant wants, draft and review letters and may support your client at local resolution meetings with the health service provider concerned.
We need someone with
- the ability to develop good working relationships
- good communication skills with a range of people
- the ability to research information and people’s rights
- the ability to stand up and challenge decisions
- the skills to understand complex policies and procedures
By delivering this service, you would acquire new knowledge and skills, as well as contributing to improving healthcare services in our community. Training and support would be given.
This is a home-based opportunity but would involve some meetings in the Southend area. If you are interested in a part-time secondment for 26 hours per week, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. This is a fixed-term role until March 2022. Download the full job description