21 Jul Local Launch in Essex of Test and Trace
Local Test and Trace will be used to complement the national system. With more emphasis on contacting individuals in relation to any local outbreaks relating to schools, social care settings and businesses. Please remember, genuine texts, calls or emails from Local Test and Trace service won’t ask you for any personal details upfront. So, here’s some advice on what to expect from a genuine test and trace call. This is the only website the service will ask you to visit.
On a genuine call, contact tracers will never:
- ask you to dial a premium rate number (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
- ask you to make any form of payment;
- ask for any details about your bank account;
- ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts;
- ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any passwords or PINs over thephone;
- ask you to purchase a product – including a test;
- ask you to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your PC,smartphone or tablet.
- ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS
Stay scam aware and report any suspicious approaches to us via 0808 223 1133.