15 Aug Macmillan Support Grants for Groups
Please find attached information about the Support Grants available through MacMillian. The support grants are a one off payment up to £15k available to Voluntary/third sector and Community Groups, for activity that directly benefits groups of people living with cancer.
– Supporting people affected by cancer by signposting to information and support services; gathering stories to amplify their voices to Macmillan and cancer
– Listening to their experiences, recognising gaps and working with Macmillan and partners along to identify solutions
– Making and fostering strong connections between health and social care services, VCSE providers, local community organisations (places, people, spaces).
• Support Grants for support groups and peer support: Macmillan offer grants to help people affected by cancer. These grants can support activities such as:
– Setting up cancer support groups or supporting existing support groups.
– Delivering cancer awareness events
– Group outings/celebrations
– Community projects
– Education sessions for people living with cancer
• Reducing health inequalities: collaborating with communities; working to provide equitable and inclusive support for seldom heard communities.
• User involvement: anything that brings more direct experience into shaping and improving services.
External Support Grant Guidance