19 Nov Parent, Family and Community Hub Coordinators – ABSS
A Better Start Southend (ABSS) funds interventions that directly improve the life chances of babies and young children. The programme funding is over ten years, ending in 2025. The programme of activities places parents alongside professionals to drive system change and transform maternity care and parent support.
We are looking to recruit two Parent, Family and Community Hub Co-ordinators. This role will be a job share position, and hours will be agreed with both parties. On your application form please advise your preferred maximum hours and days per week. The roles will be based in SAVS Centre, Alexandra Street, Southend on Sea.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme – an introduction payment of up to £100
- To be the Designated Person for safeguarding in the setting. Promoting the welfare and safety of children to ensure that any welfare or child protection concerns are acted upon immediately and appropriately.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient running of the Parent, Family and Community Hub. This includes attending to any queries that might arise in the Hub or with visitors, ensuring the safety and welfare of all visitors at all times, reporting any concerns relating to the welfare of visitors using the Early Years Alliance Safeguarding Policy.
- Be a contact point for families to provide information and communicate opportunities across Southend for parental involvement, welcoming families and children who access the Parent, Family and Community Hub and provide them with signposting to ABSS and wider local services.
- Develop and implement ideas for engaging the wider community with A Better Start Southend.
- Manage the booking system for the Parent, Family and Community Hub space.
- A minimum Level 3 Early Years education and childcare qualification (e.g. Pre-school Learning Alliance Diploma in Pre-school Practice, NVQ 3, or equivalent) as seen as full and relevant by the DFE, or an equivalent qualification such as Social Care, Community Work and or Working with Parents.
- Proven post-qualification experience of developing, managing and supervising an Early Years or Community based asset.
- Proven experience of working with vulnerable families.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the safeguarding challenges faced when working with vulnerable families.
- Ability to manage the setting’s resources to ensure expenditure and income is in line with its budget.
- Experience of using local services providing support to pregnant women and families of 0-4 year olds.
Hours per week: 37.5 (both positions will equal to)
Weeks per year: 52
Closing date: Closing 6th December 2020
Virtual interview date: Wednesday 16th December 2020
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
Please visit the Early Years Alliance website to apply for this role.