13 Apr Perinatal Mental Health Training Day
Perinatal Mental Health Training Day
Saturday 27th May 2023 at 09:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS)
29-31 Alexandra Street Southend-on-Sea SS1 1BW
This event is a 1-day workshop delivered by Dr. Chancy Marsh; Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Psychodynamic Psychotherapist. Dr. Marsh has over 15 years of NHS mental health experience, and now is the director of The Sycamore Private Practice. An accessible introduction to various types of perinatal mental health issues, and the significant effect these can have on women, their infants, partners, and families.
A 6-hour CPD training for counselors, therapists, midwives, maternity support workers, doulas, health visitors or health visitor assistants, social workers or other practitioners within social care, children’s center or early years practitioner, nursery nurse, third sector volunteer or practitioner, or peer support worker. CPD Certificate upon completion of the day.
A space to consider the perspectives of both parents and infants while increasing knowledge and confidence in the networks around families to support them in their mental well-being.
The workshop will give an introduction to:
• Mental health difficulties in the perinatal period.
• Risk in the perinatal period, including suicide, domestic violence, and risks to the baby.
• An overview of treatment for women and their families.
• How to support women in your context and when to refer on.
• Also reflective space to think about you and the impact to you and your wellbeing.
• Provide introductory knowledge around key mental health issues or perinatal Anxiety, Depression, OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder.
• Increase confidence in identifying common issues and supporting women to access appropriate help.
• Connect delegates to a local network of professionals with the mother and baby in mind.
£77 to be paid in advance when booking.