05 Nov Physical Activity Social Prescribing Advisor – Active Essex
Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £36,057 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: 12/11/20
Job summary and Responsibilities
Please note this is a 3 year fixed term contract. The successful applicant will be required to cover the East of England 2 days a week and then 3 days a week covering within Essex.
As a Physical Activity Social Prescribing Advisor you will work across the East of England region to help influence local commissioning strategies for Social Prescribing, maximise opportunities, and be an advocate for the role of physical activity in the achievement of positive health and wellbeing for people.
Gathering and understanding learning from Active Partnerships and other partners, you will facilitate the sharing of this across the East of England and nationally to inform future practice around physical activity and social prescribing.
You will also seek to support communities most impacted by COVID-19, by facilitating connections between social prescribers and the community physical activity offer, direct mentoring and support around the strategic engagement with commissioners and embedding physical activity within existing pathways
• Work as part of a virtual regional development team, providing development support to a select number of local community groups, VCSE organisations and partners, to identify new/existing physical activity offers and innovative partnerships.
• Develop a community of practice, processes and tools that help to connect community groups and VCSE organisations, providing physical activity advice and services, to their local social prescribing link workers and partners.
• Facilitate and promote the sharing of learning and best practice to strengthen local community and VCSE organisations physical activity offer and improve quality of new/existing provision.
• Connect community groups and VCSE organisations, providing physical activity advice and services, to local commissioners, funding and development partners, to develop financially robust and sustainable models of service provision and an effective commissioning pathway.
• Ensure that this programme prioritises the work of reducing health inequalities and helping local communities to recover from COVID 19.
• Provide leadership, ensuring high quality sport and physical activity advice and services are built into social prescribing pathways and systems.
• Raise awareness of existing local, regional, national sport and physical activity programmes, as well as physical activity training and resources.
• Support and build upon the creation and sustaining of the whole system approach by improving the local delivery through adding value and maximising opportunities to meet the Active Essex strategy outcomes.
• Support Active Essex, Active Partnerships and strategic partners across East of England to influence and engage effectively with their county health and social prescribing networks through appropriate advocacy, tools, learning, consistent messages etc.
Click here to view the full job advert and to apply.