09 Sep Project Worker – HARP
Hours: Full Time 37 per week
Work pattern: 37hrs on a rota covering days, evenings and weekends.
Salary Grade: point 11 to point 16 (£21748 – £24012)
Contract type: Fixed Term to March 31st 2022
Job ref: HH4
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is Southend-on-Sea’s leading homelessness charity. On average, we help around 1,000 local people every year to overcome or avoid homelessness. In addition to providing essential short-term emergency shelter, food, clothing and washing facilities, we work to identify the root causes of homelessness, creating tailored support for each person’s circumstances. We achieve success by providing structure, purpose and training opportunities, and by providing longer-term supported housing, empowering people to take steps to leave homelessness behind and ultimately to live independently in the community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to enhance the work in Heath House, our emergency accommodation.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure residents of the emergency hostel receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience that gives them the time and space to adjust to a home environment and settled way of life.
- Manage a caseload, key working residents and undertaking risk assessments and support plans.
- Work closely with the Co-ordinator/Team Manager on a daily basis to provide an integrated service to tackle rough sleeping in Southend.
- Enable residents to retain their accommodation, prevent evictions and assist residents that are ready to move on.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of Service Users.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of or experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively.
- Good customer service skills.
Closing date: 28th September (Midday)
Shortlisting: 29th September
Interview date: 7th October
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave (pro rata for part time post), plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will contribute to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution.
If you are interested in this position please refer to the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional knowledge required and an application form can be found at our website. If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact Jennie Bioletti on 01702 430696.
If you have any problems with the application process, please contact Clive Franceschi or Lauren Collin on 01702 415832.
Charity No: 1098126
Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer