15 Jun Safe Steps is seeking new Trustees
Safe Steps is a new and forward-thinking charity that works with and for all survivors of domestic abuse, across Southend-on-Sea and in the wider Essex area. We are seeking to recruit passionate and committed Trustees to our Board, to play a role in the governance of the charity to ensure that we meet our strategic aims. If you have experience and skills, such as Human Resources, Contract Law or GDPR we would encourage you to apply.
As well as growing the size of our Board, we want to build a diverse trustee board; one that informs better decision making, improves the quality of our work and makes meaningful impact on improving the lives of adults, young people and children impacted by domestic abuse.
- To attend a minimum of six meetings per year that last approximately 2 hours and usually take place on a mid-week evening in person. During the pandemic meetings have been via Zoom/Teams
- To be open to joining a sub-committee meeting four times a year for 2 hours
- To attend in person two away-days per year
- To attend ad-hoc fundraising or special events
Statutory duties of a Trustee would be:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document – the Constitution
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives – the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how ‘charitable’ and ‘worthwhile’ those activities are
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, and evaluating performance against agreed targets, To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation’s funds
Interview and further participation: In light of COVID19, all interviews will take place via Zoom or Teams.
Closing date: 30th June 2022
For further information and an application pack, please email the Chair of Trustees at email@example.com