22 Jul Site Co-Ordinator – Avenue Baptist Church
POST: Site Co-Ordinator
Line Manager: Deacon – Diana Causton
Days & Hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm + Flexible Hours
Salary: 1 April 2020 – Living Wage: £9.50 per hour for workers over the age of 25
Holidays: 28 Days per calendar year (1stJanuary – 31st December including bank holidays)
Job Purpose: To work under supervision with a team of people at the church.
To work flexible hours in liaison with the playgroup, administration team, youth team, fabric team, and the pastors.
To ensure the efficient caretaking, cleaning, maintenance and security of the church and administration building, car park and surrounding areas around both buildings.
To be proactive with jobs that need to be done
To observe and report any maintenance issues that may occur
SPECIAL COVID 19 REQUIREMENTS – TO BE DISCUSSED
- To undertake the opening, closing, the church and administration buildings. To be responsible for the alarming and security of the buildings.
- To undertake the opening, closing and security for the carpark.
- To ensure the refuse is left out for collection on the designated days.
- To ensure the cleaning of all areas of the church. (hoovering, dusting, glass cleaning, floor washing, kitchen and toilet cleaning, etc…)
- To keep all the fixtures and fittings in clean and good order. Please look at the attached schedule for the full breakdown of jobs.
- To undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture for functions and hiring of the halls and kitchen.
- Working with a team to organising the filling, draining, heating and safety of the baptistry when required.
- To control the provision of and monitor stock levels of consumable items such as toiletries, light bulbs and cleaning materials and arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with current procedures.
- To test fire alarms, emergency lighting and other equipment regularly and maintain appropriate records as required by legislation.
- To ensure fire evacuation signage is in the right areas of the church and are pointed out to hirers (internal and external).
- To carry out the Health and Safety checks required as per policy and procedures. Reporting any Health & Safety incidents or issues to the Trustees
- To carry out appropriate regular minor maintenance checks, litter clearance, gardening duties (cutting hedges, keeping pathways clear etc:
- To undertake handyperson duties as directed by the Fabric Team.
- Making good paintwork, touching up scratch damage, minor decorative projects
- First line maintenance of fixtures and fittings – Example: tightening screws on hinges, changing fuses and plugs, erecting display and notice boards, erect small shelves, erect flat pack furniture or chairs etc..
- To report any emergencies in cases of faults with gas, electric, water, boilers to the Fabric Team. Organise the various utilities contracted companies to attend to ensure safety. All paperwork relating to work done has to be completed by the contractors, inspected and signed by you or a member of the Fabric Team
- Reporting any safeguarding issues to the Designated Person for Safeguarding
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, policies & procedures. Undertake relevant training and development activities, to include health and safety, fire safety and updates of legislation.
- To carry out the Health and Safety checks required as per policy and procedures.
- Reporting any Health & Safety incidents or issues to the Trustees.
- To maintain confidentiality, safeguarding and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive definition of all the duties required for this post.
There may be other duties from time to time which is appropriate to the needs and requirements of the church.
We would require your flexibility in working with us to achieve our vision and outreach for the church.
Any extra hours you work over and above your normal hours can be paid at your normal hourly rate or you may want the time off in lieu by agreement with your line manager according to the needs of the church