10 Sep Social Club Relaunch – Leigh on Sea Town Council
Leigh-on-Sea Town Council are pleased to announce the relaunch of their social club for over 60’s on Wednesday 15th September. The Club meets at Leigh Community Centre on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 12pm – 1.30pm and now includes lunch as well as an activity.
Francesca Smith, Marketing Officer at Leigh-on-Sea Town Council who organises the club states “The Club was launched to help tackle social isolation, unfortunately we have not been able to run due to the pandemic, but we hope that we are making it up to our members now by providing a fun schedule of activities with a delicious lunch provided by our on-site café Lorna and Lottie’s. We have tried to keep the club affordable whilst providing a range of activities and a different menu each fortnight.”
The cost is just £5 per person. Places must be booked in advance if you are eating lunch with us so we know how much food to prepare. Please make us aware of any dietary requirements. If you don’t want to eat lunch with us or you want to bring your own, you can still come along at a cost of £2, with no advance booking. Hot drinks and biscuits are available to all at every session.
If you would like to book in please call 01702 716288 or email email@example.com, Help us get the word out by letting friends, neighbours or relatives who may like to be involved know about the club.
Reasons to come along…
- A chance to socialise and make new friends
- Learn new skills and stimulate your mind
- Get out the house. Be active and improve your quality of life.
- Different activities every session
- Refreshments included
- Everyone is welcome!
2021 Autumn/Winter Dates
- 15th September – A long overdue catch up with games and quizzes. Afternoon Tea for lunch.
- 6th October – A talk and demonstration with local watercolour artist Malcolm Blake-Lawson. A man of many skills who can also play guitar so there might be a sing-song too! Ham & cheese Ploughman’s for lunch.
- 20th November – Elders Inspired will be joining us to provide a taster session of their gentle exercise Active Aging classes. Quiche and salad for lunch.
- 3rd November – The Leigh Royal British Legion secretary Bob O’Leary will be talking to us about the history of the Legion and the Poppy Appeal. Soup of the day and a roll for lunch.
- 17th November – Our own Leigh Town Councillor, Keith Evans will be talking to us about his time as a musician in the Welsh Guard. Ham & cheese Ploughman’s for lunch.
- 1st December – Local charity The Art Ministry will be bringing some Christmas arts and crafts for you to try. Pasta bake for lunch.
- 15th December – The Inspire Theatre Collective will be guiding you through their immersive Tudor Christmas, with costumes, history and food. Festive Afternoon Tea for lunch.