17 Nov VCFSE Support Officer – SAVS
Voluntary, Community, Faith & Social Enterprise (VCFSE) Support Assistant
18.5 hours per week (over 3 days) to include occasional evening & weekend working
Salary: £19,171 per annum, pro rata (£9,585 per annum actual salary)
This post is currently funded for one year
Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS) supports, promotes and represents the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise sector in Southend. As part of this work, we hold regular meetings, workshops, provide networking within the sector and raise awareness of the fantastic support offered across Southend. As a VCFSE Support Assistant you would support this work, helping to raise awareness of the sector, increase partnership working and facilitate events that support local groups.
This is a very front facing, community focussed role that would suit someone who has knowledge of Southend and a passion for the local community. The role involves:
• Organising, promoting and facilitating VCFSE networking, co-production and promotional events
• Providing admin support to the Development Officer
• Attending and participating in partnership meetings and feeding back to SAVS and the Sector
• To be the first point of contact for members enquiries
• Liaise with SAVS members to gather research and intelligence
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about the VCFSE sector in Southend. Strong communication skills are essential.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date for applications: 7am Thursday 3 December 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 10 December 2020
If you have not been contacted by us prior to the interview date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.