19 Jan Volunteer Fundraising Committee Member – The One Love Project
The One Love Project provides services in the heart of Southend and surrounding areas, offering critical support to an extraordinary number of homeless and vulnerable people as well as those facing poverty within our local community.
We are looking at expanding our Fundraising Committee members to increase our fundraising opportunities to raise money and awareness throughout our local community, to continue to grow and increase our services.
We’d love your help to organise and run some fundraising events to continue our work in the community. You’d join and work alongside our Fundraising Committee to dream up creative ways to take part in fundraising.
It’ll be an exciting project and one which should be very rewarding in terms of outcome, knowledge and skills to be imparted, and team work
What are we looking for?
- Previous Fundraising experience
- A passion and interest in supporting homeless and vulnerable people
- A willingness to share ideas and help others
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Positive attitude & a team player
- A passion for caring for people experiencing poor mental or physical health, financial difficulties, addiction.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop fundraising events to help raise money throughout 2023
- Contribute ideas to the Fundraising Plan
- Work in conjunction with the Fundraising Committee to enable the Fundraising income stream to grow
- Support the Fundraising Committee to deliver the overall Fundraising Plan
- Attending Committee meetings
- Represent at Fundraising events
- 5 – 10 hours per month, which will include;
- Monthly committee meetings (Virtual/face to face)
- Organising and attending fundraising events
- Adhoc admin tasks, e.g. sharing on social media, reporting back success of events
What difference will you make?
Your expert skills will be invaluable to maximise our fundraising, which in turn will benefit homeless people, and vulnerable families in and around the City of Southend
- Homelessness / Vulnerable people
- Children / families
- Local / Community
- Mental health/ Physical disabilities
- Voluntary sector support
Please get in touch, it would mean a lot if you can help! To register your interest in joining our Fundraising Committee, please email email@example.com and one of the team will be in touch.