08 Apr Your Family Team Manager – A Better Start Southend
About The Role
Are you ready for your next challenge? Can you help deliver a new initiative designed to develop relationships between families, the community and formal service provision in Southend?
The Early Years Alliance is the Lead Partner for A Better Start Southend, a National Lottery funded imitative working with the local community to shape and redesign services during pregnancy and early childhood (0-3 years).
A Better Start Southend is seeking a ‘YourFamily Team Manager’ to join the team. The position will be responsible for the delivery and day to day management of the ‘YourFamily’ programme.
‘YourFamily’ programme is a new initiative designed to develop relationships between families, the community and formal service provision in Southend. It is intended to strengthen both parental and wider family self-efficacy alongside community efficacy, to reduce the number of families reaching crisis point whilst supporting them to thrive, seeing families and communities as an asset. YourFamily will be the overarching programme that links all the ABSS projects together, ensuring that the full and comprehensive ABSS offer is coordinated, inclusive and accessible to all families living in the six ABSS wards with a clear focus on supporting families to improve their social and emotional well-being.
Parents of Southend have requested specific qualities for the YourFamily team and the YourFamily Team Manager will be a role model and lead a team who are:
reliable and trusted by families, have genuine empathy and actively listen, are able to advocate for families and are mindful of their own biases.
The Early Years Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme – an introduction payment of up to £100
- Oversee and deliver the YourFamily project ensuring the project is delivered timely and within budget.
- Support the integration of the YourFamily Programme, Children’s Centres and Early Year’s Services.
- Development of community engagement and a volunteer support programme.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with key delivery partners.
- Line manage and supervise the YourFamily team.
- Educated to degree level in Health, Social Care or Early Years.
- Proven experience in service delivery at management level within Health, Social Care of Early Years.
- Proven experience working with vulnerable families and children aged 0-3 years.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of safeguarding.
- Experience of developing and managing effective partnerships across a range of early childhood service providers.
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: Wednesday 5th May 2021
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
In your application, please specifically demonstrate how you meet each of the essential and any of the desirable criteria.